HUB (Historically Underutilized Businesses) was created by Executive order 150 April 20th, 1999. HUB was established by law and provided operational funding during the 2001 Legislature Session.
HUB was created to:
- Increase the amount of goods and services acquired by state agencies from businesses owned and controlled by HUB firms.
- Work towards eliminating barriers that reduce the participation of HUB firms in the marketplace, and in state government procurement and contracting.
- Encourage purchasing officers and capital project coordinators within the state agencies, departments, universities and community colleges to identify and utilize HUB vendors, contractors and service providers.
- Educate HUB firms on “How To Do Business” with the State of North Carolina.
- Provide resources for HUB firms.
Both Jerry T. Bunn Trucking, LLC and Bunn Hauling, Inc. are both HUB Certified.
Information above was provided by the HUB website. Please visit for more information.